Saturday, November 24, 2007

We've given in

Well, it's only taken 2 children and about 4 years of prodding from other family members and friends, and now we have a family blog. Heather has agreed to oversee the posting and picture selection and I've agreed to occasionally write something amusing. If nothing else, my writing will give Audrea some ammunition for her book (which will be found somewhere between the "Mandy" books and the Southern romance section at the Half-Price Book Store). I'll loan her the Fabio CD she gave me a few Christmases ago: "Sometimes there is no place I'd rather be than on a tropical island...were 2 people can be alone...."

Please check back often...so you can read this posting over and over again. It may be a few months before we post again!

Zachary and Zoe requested that we include a message from them: "Gla-gla-glug-gla-gla...burp...gla-gla..." (Which translates "we're probably lactose intolerant or at least have IBS so why do our parents keep giving us milk?")

More from all of us later.

Elliott, Heather, Zachary and Zoe

7 comments:

Funky Cold Medinas said...

Why do I think your posts will be more amusing than mine - - perhaps because you're the only one who can make fun of me and it doesn't hurt my feelings - I'm actually amused. Welcome Oh, Blogging Vanns...

Heather said...

Yay! We are excited that you guys are on here. I'm sure there will be hilarious sibling rivalry that we can all enjoy plus of course the pictures of those beautiful kiddos! Anyway, Austin and I's blog is http://thevannsfive.blogspot.com. I'll add you to my blogroll!!

The other Heather Vann

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Hi friends! Glad to see you on here! ~The Granniss Fam

Hollie Carson said...

Now THAT made me giggle. I have never met you before, but I was and still am good friends with a few of the younger Vanns (no offense). I look forward to getting to know some more Vanns. And I find it very interesting that there are two Heather Vanns. Pretty cool.

Adrian said...

Welcome to the witty world of Vanndom. I'll leave you with words from a wise man.

"I like to take the special lady to the cinema...so that we can be alone in the dark." -Fabio

FordeFam said...

Welcome friends!!! Your twins have the names we would have picked if our first had been twins, but we only have a Zoe!!! :) How fun! Blessings!

carleigh said...

hey elliot, long time no see. can't wait to see your lovely family. we have a little zachary of our own!